How can I cancel my ticket?
Cancellations are subject to the fare type chosen and your options are listed below:
AVE and Larga Distancia (long distance high-speed) / Avant (mid-distance high-speed) / Media Distancia (mid-distance) trains:
- Premium: Up to 7 days before departure, free cancellation allowed. From 6 days before departure: cancellation with 5% penalty.
- Elige Estandar/Confort: Tickets can be cancelled less a 30% fee.
- Basico: This is the cheapest fare that unfortunately cannot be cancelled.
- Adult one way: Until 1 hour before departure, cancellations allowed with 15% penalty.
- Round trip: The whole booking can be cancelled less a 15% fee. If you cancel the outbound or return tickets separately, the fee is 40%.
AVLO (high-speed) trains:
- Basico (Basic Fare): Cancellations are not allowed.
Where possible, you can cancel your booking by clicking on the link on the confirmation email.